When it comes to a hair transplantation, NeoGraft is one of the newest and most advanced FUE techniques, as it is found to be more effective than other FUE techniques. In this article, you will read everything there is to know about the NeoGraft hair transplant technique.
How the NeoGraft Procedure Works
The NeoGraft technique is so advanced and effective that most people rather opt for it, than the other FUE hair transplant methods. This is how the NeoGraft procedure will work:
- The cosmetic surgeon will shave the area of the candidates’ scalp from which hair follicles will be extracted
- A local anaesthetic will be applied to the scalp
- The cosmetic surgeon will extract hair follicles with a specialised pneumonic pressure tool
- The hair follicles will be implanted to the candidates’ balding parts of the scalp with a specialised tool
- Dressing is applied to the donor site and the implantation site of the scalp in order to control any possible bleeding
It should take a few days to a week for the scalp to heal and you should be able to go back to your normal routine in no time.
8 Things to Know About NeoGraft Hair Transplant
- NeoGraft is an advanced Follicle Unit Excision procedure
- NeoGraft procedures are done in a cosmetic surgeon’s sterilised office
- NeoGraft is semi-automated, which means that specialised equipment is used for follicle extraction
- Unlike traditional strip methods, NeoGraft does not require a scalpel for its procedure
- NeoGraft hair transplant procedures provide permanent results
- The NeoGraft procedure is non-invasive and gives minimal discomfort
- It takes 4 to 10 hours to complete a NeoGraft transplant procedure
- Fast healing time makes it possible for most people to return to work a few days after the procedure
What to Expect After the NeoGraft Procedure
After the NeoGraft hair transplant procedure, your scalp may be sensitive and sore, and you might need to take painkillers, antibiotics to reduce the risk of any infection, and anti-inflammatory medications to control the swelling.
It is completely normal for the transplanted hair to fall out 2 to 3 weeks after the NeoGraft procedure, as it makes way for new hair to grow. New hair growth will only show 8 to 12 months after the procedure, resulting in naturally-looking hair.
A few side-effects which are also seen as completely normal, might include:
- Bleeding of the implantation area
- Swelling of the scalp
- Bruising in some areas
- A crust over the impacted area
- Folliculitis, which is infection or inflammation of the hair follicles
- Unnatural looking patches of hair
- Lack of sensation or numbness on the treated areas
- Ingrown hairs
If any of these side-effects lasts longer than 2 to 4 weeks, you should contact your doctor for a consultation.
There is a possibility that you may need more than one NeoGraft hair transplant session, depending on your desires for a fuller head of hair. Follow-up sessions occur several months after your initial procedure to allow each transplant to completely recover.
Comparison Between NeoGraft FUE and FUT Methods
FUT (Follicle Unit Transplant) procedures are done with a metal scalpel, which is used to cut out a piece of scalp skin from the back of the head. The incision is then closed with stitches. The removed portion of the skin is separated into smaller sections using a surgical knife and a magnifying glass. These smaller sections are implanted where needed.
FUE (Follicle Unit Extraction) procedures, such as NeoGraft, are less invasive than FUT procedures, as the follicles are cut out directly from the donor areas with specialised equipment. The follicles are then implanted into the bald areas with specific tools.
Here follows a comparison between NeoGraft FUE and FUT:
|NeoGraft FUE|| || |
|FUT|| || |
As with any cosmetic procedure, the advantages and disadvantages should be taken into account before considering a permanent hair transplant. The comparison between FUT procedures and the NeoGraft hair transplant procedure, prove that it is advantageous for the qualified candidate to opt for the NeoGraft hair transplant procedure, as it provides faster, discreet healing with minimal recovery and scarring.
The NeoGraft hair transplant procedure might be more time consuming than FUT procedures, as it is a more delicate approach and you might need follow-up sessions in the future. Follow-up sessions can also become costly depending on your needs and new hair growth.
Am I Good Candidate For a NepGraft Hair Transplant?
You should qualify for a NeoGraft hair transplant if you are suffering from hair loss and:
- Are in good overall health
- Are 25 years old or older
- Have no medical conditions that may affect surgery (diabetes, high blood pressure, blood clotting)
- Have thick hair fibres
- If your hair loss is along your hairline
- If your hair loss is natural and not caused by medical conditions or stress
The best way to determine if you’re a suitable candidate or not is to consult with a medical professional. Look for hair transplant clinics that offer free consulations!
Our Overall Thoughts on NeoGraft Hair Transplants
If you are experiencing hair loss, and common hair growth treatments have failed, it would be a wise choice to consider a NeoGraft hair transplant. Consult a medical professional to determine if you qualify and could expect positive results from a NeoGraft hair transplant.
After only a few months you will have a natural, full head of hair without any evidence of a hair transplant. NeoGraft certainly is a great option to consider if you are in the process of making a hair transplant decision.