Full Guide On The Hair Transplant Process
Small pieces of hair-bearing scalp grafts are removed from a donor location during hair transplantation surgery and moved to a bald or thinning area. Within this article you’ll get to see first-hand what the hair transplant process is.
Table of Contents
Research Phase | Finding The Right Clinic For You
If you’ve noticed yourself battling with hair loss and have made the decision to go for a hair transplant, then the next step would be to find out exactly what the hair transplant process is so that you know exactly what you’re getting yourself into.
The first step in your hair transplant process would be to research different hair transplantation clinics and see which would suit your needs better. When doing your research, look for the following things in a clinic:
- Free consultation: Prior to receiving a hair transplant treatment, it’s critical to choose a hair transplant clinic that offers a free consultation. This will enable you to identify your causes of hair loss and the best course of action for you to take.
- Treatments Available: Depending on the cause of hair loss, the treatment will differ. It’s important that you make sure the clinic offers treatments you need and that includes the various hair transplantation methods.
- Experience: You should make sure the hair transplant clinic you choose has highly experienced staff, doctors and surgeons on staff. You may be sure of this by learning as much as you can about the doctors.
- Before & After Images: You should be able to request hair transplantation before and after pictures from a hair transplant clinic. This will not only show off their work but also demonstrate to clients that they are competent at what they do and that their strategies work. You may be able to judge the clinic’s effectiveness by looking at a variety of before and after pictures.
- Packages: In order to save some money, look if some of the clinics offer all-inclusive packages. This is a great way to save on the hair transplantation cost.
- Reviews: Read through customer reviews of past clients to see what their experience was like when visiting a certain clinic. Trustpilot is a trusted site to do so from.
Finding a hair transplant clinic might be difficult, but thankfully you will be presented with a wide range of options to pick from because many doctors have embraced the technique due to how commonplace hair transplants are today. You can find the best clinic by using the aforementioned advice.
You must be certain that the hair transplant clinic you are working with is the best one for you. Remember that you have specific requirements, and you should select a hair transplant doctor and clinic who can meet them all. Both research and requesting recommendations from individuals you trust are essential.
Talking to Hair Transplantation Clinics
Part of your hair transplant process is talking to the actual clinics. Once you have found a few that seem promising to you, then are a few things you need to ask the clinics before making your final decision.
One of the first things to ask during your consultation is whether or not you’re an ideal candidate for a hair transplant. Age, previous medical issues, and even the types of hair loss you have can all affect candidacy. Even if you are not a candidate for surgery, the doctor might be able to suggest alternative hair loss solutions to halt or stop your hair loss.
During your consultation, you should ask about the any steps you need to take before going for your hair transplant as well as what aftercare would be like to ensure you are able to follow through with the whole procedure. You should also ask about the hair transplantation cost as well as what the recovery time will be so you can plan accordingly.
Hair Transplant in Turkey With IdealofMeD
Throughout the entire hair transplant process, you need to be 100% sure that your chosen clinic is right for you, and that there isn’t a single doubt in your mind! To give you a better understanding of what the hair transplant process is like, we’ll be going to see what the hair transplant in Turkey with IdealofMeD will look like.
First Free Consultation with IdealofMeD
IdealofMeD is a leading hair transplant clinic that offers affordable hair restoration in Turkey, where more than 60% of hair transplants take place. With over 35 years of expertise in Turkey, IdealofMeD aims to combine Turkish hospitality, Nordic medical tradition, and Northern European perfectionism in their administration and execution.
What’s great is that IdealofMeD offers you a free consultation to discuss if you’re an ideal candidate or not, which treatments are advised and the various packages offered. Additionally, they can arrange up to two preoperational online consultations based on your requirements and condition. One of their senior specialists can help and counsel you regarding your hair loss, overall health, and the items that can improve the health of your hair during these consultations.
Choosing All-Inclusive Packages and Options
Part of the hair transplant process is choosing your preferred package. During your free consultation, the senior specialist will go over these options with you and make you aware of all that is inclusive. Each of the packages come at various costs, to ensure there’s an option for everyone. IdealofMeD offers the following packages:
- Standard Hair Transplant Package
- Premium Hair Transplant Package
- Executive Hair Transplant Package
- Female Hair Transplant Package
Preparing At Home With The Hair Restoration Box
You will receive a Hair Restoration Box within a week of making your reservation with IdealofMeD, provided that you book your procedure at least 1 month in advance. These items will set up your transplantation area for the optimum outcome. It consists of vitamins, shampoos, and serums made especially to strengthen your current hair and nourish your scalp.
A Week Before Coming To Istanbul For Your Hair Transplant
You will be assigned a committed host from IdealofMeD, as part of the hair transplant process, who will get in touch with you a week prior to your procedure. The host will make all necessary arrangements for your airport pickup and to help you with any travel-related needs you may need. The host will the relay over the necessary information such as:
- Which airport exit to use;
- Contact information in case of emergency;
- Requirements for updated visas and Covid;
- The type of sign your local host will hold at the exit.
In order to prepare for your arrival and procedure, certain information will also be asked of you, this also includes a questionnaire regarding your medical history which will be utilised during your hospital consultation.
Standard Package with Combination Treatment in Turkey
As mentioned above, during the hair transplant process, you’ll be required to choose which package you’d like. IdealofMeD’s standard package includes the some of the following:
- 3-Night stay in a single room at a 5-star hotel
- Pre- and post-op hair restoration box
- 3-4 Surgical team
- 1x Booster shot
- 1x Hair washing
- FUE or DHI hair transplant
In addition to the above, you can opt for the IdealofMeD’s FUE DHI combination hair transplant at an additional cost. This treatment combines both the FUE hair transplant and the DHI hair transplant in one single procedure for more optimal results.
You may experience hair thinning throughout the rest of your hairline in addition to a balding crown. These hair transplantation methods consistently yield the best hair transplant outcomes in the most convenient manner for you due to its being tried and tested a multitude of times every single year. Let’s take a look at the hair transplant process you can expect when opting for the standard hair transplant package at IdealofMeD and adding on the combination treatment.
Day 1 – Arrival in Istanbul
So the day has finally come! Everything will have already been arranged once you’ve entered the thrilling city of Istanbul to ensure you have the most pleasant experience and easiest and most comfortable hair transplant process.
You are greeted and escorted by one of IdealofMeD’s hosts as soon as you leave the airport’s baggage claim area. Throughout your stay, their VIP transfer service will pick you up and transport you to where you need to be. The VIP transfer contains a complimentary mini-bar, free WIFI and the choice of playing your favourite music!
From the airport, you will be taken directly to the hospital to check-in. Depending on the operations management, you could take some blood tests at this point too but it is also possible for them to be taken on day 2. This should only take around 15 minutes where you’ll then be transported to your hotel to rest for the rest of the day.
Day 2 – Hair Restoration Day
Upon your second day in Istanbul, you’ll be served a delicious Turkish breakfast. You will also be given an itinerary that allows you to know when your driver will fetch you from the hotel lobby and take you to the hospital for your procedure.
One of the senior patient consultants will meet you at the hospital and accompany you throughout the day. Any queries you may have are welcome to be asked.
After meeting with the consultant, you will meet with the medical team who will ask you a series of questions and ensure your expectations are reasonable. After this, the team will use a digital microscope to look at your donor area and see how many grafts you will need.
Once this is done, a new hairline is drawn on for you. A laser tool is used to ensure the hairline is symmetrical and aligns with your facial and bone structures. After this process, you will need to complete some paperwork.
After all of this, a hairdresser will shave your hair before you’re sent to the operating room. The combination procedure can take anywhere between 6 and 8 hours depending on the size of the problem areas so you can expect to be in the hospital for most of the day. The following will take place in the operating room:
- Disinfecting the donor area
- Local anaesthesia is applied
- Your hair follicles are extracted from the donor area
- Your grafts are processed and classified
- Hair follicles are implanted into the desired areas
Once your hair transplant is complete, you will have a post-op consultation with the medical team and senior patient coordinator. Thereafter, you will be transported back to your hotel to rest
Day 3 – Rest Day
On the third day of the hair transplant process, you will be advised to rest and take it easy.
Day 4 – Control At Hospital
When choosing the standard package with IdealofMeD, this will be your last and final day. You will be taken to the hospital to remove the bandages and to ensure that everything looks good at both the donor and recipient areas, and you’ll get a hair wash. This will be the first time your hair is washed after the procedure. The next step involves you being taken back to the airport where you can then travel back home safely.
Aftercare For Your Newly Transplanted Hair
IdealofMeD has a complimentary Ideal Hair Transplantation Box that you will need to use for the first two months with the option to purchase the box that lasts for twelve months. These boxes consist of hair growth-stimulating, cleansing, and rehydrating solutions developed to lower the likelihood of infection and potential negative effects after hair transplantation and speed up the process of getting the results you want from the procedure.
Hair Transplant Results
One of the biggest steps in the hair transplant process that anyone wants to see is the hair transplantation results. With a 95% recovery rate for all grafts, hair transplants can permanently restore fullness and graft density to balding areas. Regardless of what the final hair transplant outcomes will seem like, how long will it take until you can actually notice a change taking place on your scalp? Let’s take a look.
- Hair transplant results after 1 week: The initial phases of the healing process for your scalp will be evident one week after your hair transplant process. You may notice some scabs appearing and that it may be delicate. This is typical and a promising initial sign of recovery. You must be very careful not to pick or tamper with the scabs.
- Hair transplant results after 1 month: During the first month after your hair transplant process, you will experience something called “Shock Loss”. This is where your newly transplanted hairs will fall out, but this is completely normal and nothing to worry about!
- Hair transplant results after 3 months: Your recuperation has advanced significantly since your hair transplant, as you will probably start to see the first symptoms of hair growth in the recipient area three months after the procedure. You can anticipate fewer side effects when you enter the anagen stage of the hair transplant cycle and gain from improved hair regeneration as a result of ongoing aftercare.
- Hair transplant results after 6 months: After six months, you can anticipate rapid acceleration of hair transplant results due to the sharp increase in hair density. This is initially where most individuals start seeing any sign of new hair growth. At this stage of the hair transplant recovery process, there aren’t many side effects, so you may concentrate your efforts on savouring your constantly-improving new hairline.
- Hair transplant results after 1 year: Once you reach this stage of the hair transplant process you’ll probably be able to witness your hair transplant’s best outcomes! You have now successfully navigated all of the adverse effects and can anticipate the procedure’s long-lasting results.
While most people do get to see the final results of their hair transplants 12 months later, it’s important to note that it can take up to 18 months to see these results. This will ultimately depend on your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
It ultimately depends on which transplant method you opt for. The procedure itself usually takes about 6-8 hours.
There are a few things you will need to know about the process before diving in, such as the cost, whether or not you’re an ideal candidate and the types of packages a clinic offers and what’s included in them. The best thing to do would be to book a consultation with your preferred hair transplant clinic and ask all necessary questions.
The amount of hair you’ve already lost and the amount of donor hair you have available to transplant to the areas of your head that are thinning are two of the most crucial elements in assessing if you’re a good candidate for a hair transplant. This is typically decided based on the classification of your particular hair loss. You will need to consult with a medical professional to ensure you’re an ideal candidate.