Hair Transplant Without Shaving Head | U-FUE
FUE is a sophisticated, minimally invasive hair transplant technique that is preferred over the far more invasive and painful strip (FUT) procedure. The extra “U” in “U-FUE” hair transplant without shaving head, merely refers to “unshaven.” Patients can permanently restore hair to balding and thinning regions with FUE operations, which are highly popular hair restoration therapies. U-FUE treatments are carried out without any shaving of the donor region for maximum discretion.
Table of Contents
Benefits of the U-FUE Hair Transplant Without Shaving Head
A highly qualified surgical team is necessary for the complicated operation of an unshaven hair transplant. For men and women suffering hair loss choose UFUEs for a variety of reasons.
- being able to rapidly resume routine activities without interfering with daily life
- You may keep your original haircut.
- The entire recovery period for a U-FUE transplant is less than for a conventional FUE transplant since fewer grafts are implanted.
- Scabs and redness following surgery will be less noticeable and easier to cover up.
- The recipient’s hair is not clipped, trimmed, or shaved during the process.
U-FUT Hair Transplant Procedure
Hairs are removed one by one from a donor location, much like in a conventional FUE transplant. On the other hand, the U-FUE procedure of hair transplant without shaving head, is more delicate and demands a high level of competence from your surgeon to identify the healthiest hairs. The hair strands are clipped off after the hair is retrieved, leaving just the grafts that need to be implanted.
The grafts are then incorporated into the balding or thinning regions so as to mimic the organic hair-growing qualities of your original hair.
Patients frequently nod off during the graft removal and transplantation process while viewing a DVD or listening to music since the treatment is so minimally intrusive.
U-FUE Hair Transplant Without Shaving Head Recovery
The time frame following an FUE hair transplant is comparable to the time after a U-FUE hair transplant in terms of aftercare and healing. However, after a UFUE, individuals can go back to work more quickly; in contrast, after a standard FUE, patients are advised to wait one week before returning to work.
Even though the recovery period for returning to everyday activities has decreased, you should still anticipate some swelling and redness for the first two days or so following the treatment. If you have any pain or discomfort, you should make use of the offered medications.
After Care of U-FUE Transplant
You need to meticulously adhere to your aftercare recommendations while you’re recovering from your hair transplant without shaving head. Here you will find some suggestions to help you.
- Your head should be raised when you sleep.
- For a few days, refrain from washing your hair, and when you do, let it air-dry.
- Use a mild Shampoo.
Hair Growth Stages After a Hair Transplant Without Shaving Head
In all likelihood, the first three months following a transplant will be the most challenging portion of the surgery. A few weeks following the procedure, the newly transplanted hair in the recipient area(s) will begin to fall out. Although we understand that this could be upsetting, be assured that it is very typical. “Shock loss” is the name of this stage.
Your newly implanted hair will begin growing again when the “shock loss” period has gone since it is firmly entrenched in your scalp.
You might start to feel happy six months following your hair transplant. Here is where real growth begins. Your new hair will start to grow at this point, which is known as the sluggish growth stage. We must rely on natural growth because hair grows more slowly than other body parts. If your new hair first seems thin, frizzy, or spotty, don’t be alarmed; it will soon grow longer, thicker, and straighter.
Six to nine months is the “busting stage” after the operation, many patients have amazing outcomes. However, you still need to make a lot of progress. In fact, this is the point at which the transplanted hair begins to thicken and grow the fastest. Your new hair will typically grow between one and two centimetres (cm) every month, just like the rest of your hair. This suggests that the region around your transplant will thicken well going forward.
Your hair will continue to thicken and become strong between nine months to a year. Your hair transplant recovery has been completed. You’ll be able to cut and style your hair as usual in a year.
Remember that every person’s hair grows at a different rate, therefor the recovery time will be different foe each individual. 14–15 months after surgery, some people report that their hair is still getting thicker. It’s also useful to know that younger patients frequently have faster healing than older individuals. The hairline and other frontal parts often grow more quickly than the crown, which is another important point to remember.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Hair Transplant Without Shaving Head
The majority of surgeons will advise against it, even if receiving a hair transplant without shaving is technically viable. Because a transplant without a shaved head becomes more difficult, unsanitary, and prone to complications.
hair transplant without shaving head involves transplanting individual hair follicles directly from the scalp to the recipient area. Here are a few advantages of getting hair transplant without shaving head.
- The biggest advantage is your head is not shaved.
- Hair from other body parts can be used.
- Quicker healing time.
- Operation time is shorter.
- It is easier to clean the scalp both during and after surgery.
- The extraction and transplantation of hair follicles is significantly simpler and more accurate.
- Blood flow to the head is abundant, allowing for fast healing and infection prevention. However, complications are rare.
Before deciding to have surgery without shaving your head, there are a few things to consider.
- The cost of a hair transplant using the FUE technique is more than the average cost.
- There will be limitations on the donor area. Therefore, excessive extraction may have unintended consequences.
- The aftercare and scalp cleaning procedures are more difficult following a no-shave transplant.
- Only if the patient has extremely long hair or the baldness has not progressed to an advanced level is it possible to have a hair transplant without shaving the recipient region.
- It will be difficult for the medical staff to harvest as many follicles as feasible with a shaved head while having surgery. Therefore, additional procedures and sessions could be necessary to get the same results.
Preparation of a Hair Transplant Without Shaving Head
Before receiving a U-FUE hair transplant, you may want to follow these tips.
- Stop smoking a day before the procedure.
- Stop drinking alcohol at least three days before your procedure.
- For two weeks before surgery, refrain from taking any vitamins or nutritional supplements.
- For a few weeks, massage your scalp for 10 to 30 minutes each day to improve blood flow.
- Antidepressants should be avoided for roughly 2 weeks before surgery.
- For about two weeks before surgery, avoid using aspirin or other blood thinners.
How Does A Hair Transplant Without Shaving Head Work?
The three-phase cycle of hair growth and renewal shortens as you age until follicles stop producing new hair.
For each person, this process is different. Others go bald much later in life, while other people begin to go bald in their 20s.
FUE hair transplants repair hair by swapping out these damaged follicles for fresh ones that can still produce hair.
Following the transplant, the follicles will get blood vessel nourishment and start producing hair in the area that was previously bald or had sparse hair.
How Much Does a U-FUE Hair Transplant Cost?
The following factors affect how much a U-FUE hair transplant will ultimately cost.
- the volume of hair that is removed and replanted
- How many surgeons are available to do this operation in your area?
- The frequency of U-FUE hair transplants that your surgeon can conduct
- How skilled or popular your surgeon is?
- Where you get your U-FUE hair transplant done.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, but with a few restrictions. First, the surgical recipient region is limited, the baldness has not progressed, and your physician is prepared to perform the procedure.
It is advised to wait until you are 25 years old since it might be difficult for surgeons to identify the patterns of hair loss at this young age.
Following hair transplant, it typically takes 14 days for the grafts to completely settle across the head.
Anytime from a year to 15 months after the procedure, you will see the final results of the U-FUE hair transplant. Keep in mind that everyone’s hair grows at a different rate.
- Avram, M. and Rogers, N. (2012). hair transplant. In Dermatologic Surgery, K. Nouri (Ed.).
- Anthony B. and Jeffrey S. E (2019) hair transplant Techniques for the Transgender Patient VOLUME 27, ISSUE 2, P227-232,
- Samuel M. Lam, MD, FISHRS (2020) Hair Loss and Hair Restoration in Women VOLUME 28, ISSUE 2, P205-223,